The West Union Christian Church was organized in May 1910, meeting in a tent located on the Stuart lot. Members began holding services in the Opera house until the Fall of 1911, at which time they moved to the Court House. Joseph Freeman, a generous native of Doddridge County, built and donated the present church building, dedicated in 1912. Fire damaged the building in early 1986. As a result of the fire restoration work has given the congregation a modern, attractive auditorium.
In 1990, the church constructed a new Annex building to provide additional classroom, office and fellowship space.
The church has made the annex available to a variety of Community organizations and individuals for meetings and dinners, as well as space for showers and parties.