In Mark 12, Jesus affirms that the two greatest commands are to love God and love our neighbor as ourselves. In 2016 we are going to allow God to revive those loves in our lives.
Specifically, we are going to let God revive:
- A love for God
- A lifestyle of holiness
- Christ centered community
- A passion for our mission
These elements are essential for a maturing faith in Jesus.
Now, we need some specific goals. Revive is a great theme, but we need to set some targets so that we can recognize God working in and through us this year. So, we are going to partner with God to:
- Read through the Bible in a year
- Give $110,000 in offering with 10% going to missions and benevolence
- Average attendance of 110 by October
- Each person participates in one hour of Bible study each week (Sunday school, Wednesday evening)
- Each person offers one hour of service to God each week
As we work with God to Revive our love for Him and for our neighbors, we will see him do some amazing things this year. Let’s join Him in this journey.